Do you love getting out in the great outdoors with like-minded people?
Is camping and four-wheel driving your passion?
Then the Bayside Off-Roaders Club is for you!
Trips The club runs day trips, weekend trips and longer treks. From SE Qld and Northern NSW, to e.g. the Cape, the Red Centre, the Flinders Ranges, the Top End, the Victorian High Country to name a few long-haul destinations. We attend the biennial National 4wd Gathering at various locations around the country.
Social Events Along with our normal 4WD trips, we also take part in activities like charity runs, fishing trips, Christmas in July, local drama nights and trips to wineries.
The end of year Christmas party is full of festive fun for all the members.
Bayside Off-Roaders Driver Training aims to ensure all members and drivers are equipped with both knowledge and skill before hitting the tracks.
New members are requested to complete driver training prior to participating in some trips.
Existing members are encouraged to refresh their skills and experience periodically.
We offer comprehensive nationally recognised driver training for all club members from the novice, to the experienced wanting to brush up on their skills. All members are encouraged to undertake training in order to better keep themselves and fellow members safe on the tracks, as well as safeguard the environment.
Whether gathering firewood or clearing tracks, chainsaw safety is critical. Hence we offer nationally accredited chainsaw training to our members.
The driver training and chainsaw courses delivered are fully accredited.
Units of competency under Scope
- SISODRV302A – Drive and recover a 4WD vehicle
- SISODRV404A – Drive a 4WD vehicle in difficult terrain
- SISODRV405A – Coordinate recovery of 4WD vehicles
- FWPCOT2237 – Maintain chainsaws
- FWPCOT2239 – Trim and cut felled trees
Note: Our chainsaw training courses are kindly sponsored by Husqvarna through Nambour Outdoor Power.
Our Trainers and Why we Deliver Training
- Our instructors are qualified trainers, appointed by the Four Wheel Drive Qld Registered Training Organisation (RTO)
- We provide safe, inclusive environments for all participants.
- A family-focused club, dedicated to preserving tracks and parks.
- Our Focus is to ensure you are safe at all times to enjoy the time away exploring.
The Club meets at 7.00 for 7:30 pm on the third Wednesday of each month at
Cleveland Tavern Stradbroke Room
22—28 Shore Street West, Cleveland
To Register Your Interest Please Complete The Below Form
FOUR WHEEL DRIVER’S CODE OF ETHICS
- Obey the laws and regulations for Recreational Vehicles that apply to public lands.
- Respect the cultural, heritage and environmental values of public/private land, by obeying restrictions that may apply.
- Respect our flora and fauna. Stop and look, but never disturb.
- Keep to formed vehicle tracks.
- Keep the environment clean. Carry your own, and any other, rubbish out.
- Keep your vehicle mechanically sound and clean to reduce the environmental impact.
- Adopt minimal impact camping and driving practices.
- Seek permission before driving on private land. Do not disturb livestock or watering points, leave gates as found.
- Take adequate water, food, fuel, basic spares and a first aid kit on trips. In remote areas travel with another vehicle and have Royal Flying Doctor Service, or equivalent emergency contact by radio or satellite.
- Plan ahead and lodge trip details with a responsible person.
- Enjoy your recreation and respect the rights of others.
- Support four-wheel drive touring as a legitimate family activity.
- Consider joining an affiliated four-wheel drive club.